06 mars 2005

Paris 18e (1)

One knows about the 18th arrondissement of Paris because of Montmartre (where some of the Impressionist peinters lived) or its Moulin Rouge cabaret and the movies made about it.
I lived on the top of the hill for 22 years, but this fall my teacher decided we'll begin our class there. It was a chance to revisit the place.

This is one of the pictures I made a year ago or more, summer time, of course. You can come (I feel as I was still living there) and have your portrait drawn - more or less well on Place de Tertre.

I am no longer there and have no one to stroll together like before, but alone "ballade" near it is still warming up my heart.

I arrived a sunday to metro Larmarck, lots of shops were closed, not my favorite boulengerie. I did not resist to enter.

Oh, but I did not buy any of those deliciously looking cookies. "Just looking"

Near the metro station, I found a strange bycicle, one of those postmen use.

Look ! I would not believe my eyes. And just under the posts signaling the police is not far away.

and the townhall of 18th too

Near the metro, I found alas, also sign of a thefth probably, it did not happen to me in 22 years, but it can happen any time any place of course the pickpockets are very good, and they through away what they did not need. Sorry, this picture is not very good. Just put it here to make the point and what I have seen that sunday morning.

"Le concierge" was already at his post at eight o'clock, just a fast cigarette outside, as less and less places permit it inside.

Some building in Paris are narrow at the corner. I wandered always how people can live there.

Strolling around, up Bd Junot, I observed this old house. My son tells me it is really like this and not only "painting" on its walls.

But this old and famous "rose house" is always in good condition and I always liked to stroll near it. It is not far from the famous "lapin agil" a nice cabaret where one can hear old french songs. My 96 year uncle was also there when he was young !

Painters still live up the hill and have big windows

and scuptures have on the house made this one to show everyone they live there

This is at the begining of the 250 "marches" going up the hill, rue Mont Cenis, where I used to live. But you can also go by minibus from the townhall, or with "funiculaire" from the south side of the hill, or even better, stroll up, and look around.

I discovered more and more mini cars and this funny looking one too.

And back home, my "boulenger" at the corner of my street, asked me where I have been, and how it was. "Wanderfull"

Ok, now I take a coffe, "pause café" the expresso is very good here in Paris. And I relate the rest of it tomorow. Posted by Hello

2 commentaires:

marco a dit…

Hello Julie!!

It is incredible... how many time do you spend a day infront of your computer??

By the way... you are really good doing this... I would love to be so creative as you are, but I am not.
My blog is just for fun and share some photos and jockes with the world.

Best wishes to your "new" blog ;)

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk a dit…

I am retired and have time to spend, living alone too. But of course, I have near two grand children and photo class, etc. I always found time for the things I was passionate about : could you tell me how you found my blog ? You are the first one to tell me you like it, thanks a lot,